A Letter To The Motherless On Christmas

For more great blogs visit Motherless Daughters!

Dear Friend,

If you’re reading this, chances are you went through the same hell that I did; the loss of your mother.

This may be your 1st Christmas without your mother or it may be you 50th Christmas without her. Either way it sucks. Plain and simple.

There is absolutely no love in this world like the love of a mother. There is a void that cannot and will not ever be filled, no matter what anybody tells you. You don’t miss her today any more than you will tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that. The holidays are just another painful reminder that she is no longer physically here. As you watch friends celebrate with their moms, please remember that yours is tucked away deep down in your heart where she will forever stay. As the wind blows through your hair, know that it is her gentle and loving touch. As the cold winter sun shines on your face please remember the warmth in your mother’s heart through all of the days she had on this earth. She didn’t want to ever leave you and she still hasn’t left you. Your mother was greater than this world. I know sometimes life just doesn’t seem fair and it never will but please, please don’t cry, for your mother would want nothing more than to see you smile. I feel the pain within your heart as another day passes by without her. She doesn’t want you to be sad. She wants you to honor her life in the best way possible, and that way is to live it. Live it for you. Live it for her. I know it is sometimes easier said than done and sometimes words just don’t help and I know this because I lost my beautiful 48-year-old mother two and a half years ago when I was 24.

Christmas without my mother approaches, I have come to find that the best way to heal is to remember. Remember her. Remember the sorrow, remember the love, remember everything. Talk to her, she’s always listening. And simply cherish the time you did have with her and the memories you have made.

I want you to know that during this holiday season, you are not alone. You are never alone. All of our mother’s are watching over us from heaven this Christmas… and every day, for the rest of our lives.

Happy Holidays to all of the motherless out there. Celebrate her, start a new tradition, live life to the fullest, and most importantly remember that even through the darkest of days, life still goes on.

Please do not forget to check out my books Life Goes On..? and Life Still Goes On The Blog Book of a Motherless Daughter

Love,

Jenna Rose51-xceon1bl-_sx311_bo1204203200_   createspace-banner

13 thoughts on “A Letter To The Motherless On Christmas

1. Charchermom

This Christmas will be the 2nd Christmas without my mother. I feel sad that my mother did not get to hug and hold my baby as my baby was born about a year after my mother’s passing. My mother loved us to celebrate together during the Christmas season, her birthday, Chinese New Year and Mother’s day. I skipped celebrating the holidays on the year of her passing because it is impossible for me to cheer and celebrate any holidays. I still miss my mother dearly. The work place where I works is near my old elementary school and so I will drive past th stretch of pavements where my mother used to walk with me to and fro from school everyday. This pain in my heart never went away. It is even harder when my siblings refuse to talk to me because of some differences. My 2 brothers have the same personality as my father – bear grudges. Now I know how my mother felt and what she went through dealing with the 3 men (my dad and 2 brothers) in her life.

2. Stephanie neal

This is my first Christmas without my mother… I miss her so much…we had 3 life changing tragedies in 3 months 1st was my cousin the day after christmas he was gunned down and killed. 2nd was my other cousin in January he died of stage 4 brain cancer… And lastly in febuary i lost my dear mother after a 65 day struggle on life support… I know she is watching over us especially me… My mother taught me alot of things except how to live without her…

3. Fontilla

This is officially the second Christmas without my mom she passed away two weeks before Christmas last year but I was still numb and this one is not any easier but I did put up a small tree with all her mom and grandma ornaments we’ve gotten for her over the years it helped. I love and miss her like it was yesterday

4. Mike Carlin

My Mom’s Birthday was Today, December 21st. We would always Decorate the Christmas Tree then. Because she loved it so. Tonight as I put an ornament on the Tree just for her, the memories began flooding back and of course I began to cry because I miss my Mommy. She left us 12 years ago. And I am a 52 year old man missing my Mommy.

5. anne

This will be my 4th Christmas without my mom and on the 27th will be her 77th birthday and also the last day that I heard her beautiful voice but she rushed to the hospital and put on life support and she passed away on January 6,2013 it hurts so much to go on without her but I know that I will see her again and that she is always and forever will be in my heart

6. Donna

I dont have my mum i lost her when i was 11 years old and now am 27 and i miss my mum everday and evernight and i thing about her at Christmas i wish she was still around

7. Susan in Texas

My mom died In 1993. My daughter was born in 1994. It hurts so bad, I want to share so much with her. Time passes but I still need her. A girl always needs her mom. I hate the holidays now. Mom went all out for Christmas. I know I will see her again, it’s just the time in between that’s so damn hard.

8. Laura Simmons

Thank you for these beautiful words. I lost my dad in October 2012 and my mom in February 2016. The holidays are so hard without them. Even though I have my husband and my son and wonderful friends, it is still very lonely without my parents. It’s nice to hear from someone that really understands what I am feeling.

9. ann

Thank you for your beautiful words. Christmas 2017 will mark the fifth Christmas without my mom. She was the glue that held us together and we all still struggle to find our holiday “norm” without her. I have found writing to her really helps. Merry Christmas everyone.♡♡

10. Fran

My 43rd Christmas without both mom and dad. Nothing will ever fill that void but I can say I am thankful to the Lord for giving me two loving parents for 18 years. Love you mom and Dad!